Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday Rainstorms

As I climbed into my bed around 1:30 this afternoon for a nap before breaking out the study books it was hot, muggy, and over 85 degrees, when I woke up an hour later it was hot, muggy, and raining like elephants and giraffes (this was not raining like dogs and cats rain).  I fully embraced the change in weather and proceeded to spend the afternoon doing some of my favorite raining weather things:
  • Opening the windows to let the cool breeze come in
  • Listened to relaxing, rainy, and "chilling" music
  • Deep cleaning my part of the room
  • Doing all of my laundry (two very full loads worth)
  • Making some tea
When there is no school, I would normally sit down with my tea and read a good book, but because it is now finals week and studying and papers are everywhere, I sat down on the floor and wrote a paper for one of my classes. 

Overall, a rainy Sunday afternoon is possible one of my favorite ideas of a perfect afternoon, and this one today has lived up to all expectations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment